165 Old Ranch Road Woodside, CA 94062
Classic Barn-Style Home on 1.47 Private Sunny Acres with Modern Treehouse/Guest Quarters and Barn/Workshop
This site epitomizes the perfect combination of heritage redwoods and open sunny meadow to provide the ideal backdrop for the authentic barn-style home. The rustic feeling is carried through-out the home with rough beamed ceilings, exceptional true wood flooring, unique windows and vintage doors.
This country home lives in the present, with high-end appliances, beautiful appointed bathrooms and great attention to the use of space. The home of approximately 3200 square feet includes 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms along with a large family kitchen with both dining and sitting areas as well as separate living room and huge multi-purpose room. The master suite is extremely private and spacious with rustic rough beam trusses and Australian cypress floors.
What about the tree house?
It was built by Dustin Feider and his team at O2 Treehouse
, who has been featured on Treehouse Masters and has installed bespoke treehouse creations all over the world. The treehouse at 165 Old Ranch has been featured in the book FARM+LAND's Back to the Land
, on .NBC Nightly News
, Weird Homes
and Australian channel 7
The treehouse features 12V lighting, a pull-out sofa bed with a queen-size memory foam mattress, and a composting toilet.
More info about this treehouse, its construction and an interview with the builder can be found here.
Main house features include:
- 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. 2 bed/ 2 bath on the main floor and 2 bed /2 bath on the 2nd.
- Exquisitely remodeled kitchen with: Honed granite countertops, True Hickory floors, Gourmet Le Cornue gas stove with electric oven, farm sink and two walk-in pantries.
- Large dining area and separate sitting area with Swedish Scan woodstove frames the kitchen creating a warm and cozy area to hang out.
- Huge master suite with trussed ceilings and expansive natural views. Master bath with thermostatic shower.
- 540~ Square foot multi-purpose room with separate entrance has many potential uses.
- Ideally located laundry /utility room.
- Large deck off the kitchen.
- Climate controlled wine storage
The 1.47 acres which is completely fenced features:
·Prolific established orchard with: peach, plum, pluot, six different types of apples, pear, cherries, persimmons, olives, grapes, red currants and passion fruit along with raised vegetable beds.
- 4-stall barn currently being used as a shop.
- Custom Treehouse.
- Whimsical playhouse.
- Comcast cable
- Parking galore with room for Rv’s, boats and several cars.
Located near the end of a very quiet country lane it is hard to fathom that you are only seven minutes to Highway 92, ten minutes to 280 and easily within an hour of San Francisco and the Silicon Valley. Talk about having your cake…..